KIDSgala Overview and Eligibility
KIDSgala began in 2013 with the following mission, “A foundation created in the memory of Nicole Marie Burton, to provide a gifted celebration to children who have or are battling a life altering event. KIDSgala is dedicated to hosting events that will individually celebrate each child’s life achievements…”
Any family or social worker with a child that identifies with the mission of the foundation can apply. We do, however, request that the following criteria be met:
- The child should be between the ages of 3 – 17 at the time of the celebration.
- The child must have or is battling a life altering event.
- Written approval from primary care physician, nurse practitioner, or physician assistant that clears child to attend event.
- Referral letter from child’s social worker.
- A completed and signed Photo Release Form. (Download using link below.)
- Must be accompanied to the event by parent, legal guardian and/or social worker.
- Provide own transportation to and from celebration event.
- Must reside in Livingston, Macomb, Oakland, Washtenaw or Wayne counties.
- Gifted celebrations are limited to 50 guests including child and immediate family.